Thursday, November 09, 2006

Communication is hard...but sometimes ya just gotta take a risk and do it!

Today I told Debbie something that was bothering me, right after it was in fact bothering me, instead of holding it in or acting it out passively in some other negative way. Long story short...we both felt better as a result.

I just saw this quote, too, which speaks far more eloquently than I can about the importance of such seemingly trivial acts:

"All my life has been a preparation for this moment, for which no preparation was needed. I reach within for that unique gift which I have to offer my world. With the skills that I have honed, I shape it and polish it and call it my best. All this is but wrapping paper, for the heart of the gift is my heart, it has always been with me, and now I offer it to you."

-Paul

No comments: